22nd November, 2021
The Willochra Home is a 42 bed Aged Care facility in Crystal Brook, located in the beautiful mid north of South Australia. We are an accredited provider for NDIS services, Palliative Care Services, and Dementia Respite Services.
If you are career oriented and have a passion for Aged Care, we are looking for Registered Nurses to join our leadership team at The Willochra Home.
Qualifications & experience
Requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent experience
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 1 year post registration clinical experience, preferably in Aged Care or Acute Care
- Hold an Australian Working Visa which enables you to work full time.
- Care, compassion and advocacy for the elderly or vulnerable person
- Ability to lead and supervise a cohesive team of health professionals and foster an environment of teamwork, care and compassion to both staff and residents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and commitment to accurate and relevant documentation
- Computer skills – Word and Excel, and experience with LeeCare or any other related aged care systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience with ACFI, Accreditation and the new Aged Care Standards would be highly valued.
- Commitment to further ongoing internal and external education
Applicants are required to have a working visa for Australia, current Criminal History and Working with Children checks.
Tasks & responsibilities
As the Registered Nurse on duty you will be responsible for the following:
- Daily co-ordination and supervision of all care within The Willochra Home
- Provide a high level of professional role modelling for our team of committed care staff
- Will lead, mentor, teach and supervise EN’s and Care Staff to ensure that the standards of care provided meet all the legislative requirements and best practice guidelines within the Residential Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Work in conjunction with, and support the Clinical Nurse and Clinical Manager to drive the ongoing quality improvement initiatives
- Work closely and develop strong relationships with medical and allied health personnel
- Willing to assume higher duties if and when required
Permanent Part Time contracts are available.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter through to Leonie Gibbons email@example.com