24th January 2022
The Willochra Home is a 42 bed Aged Care facility in Crystal Brook, located in the beautiful mid north of South Australia.
If you are career oriented and have a passion for Aged Care, we are looking for Enrolled Nurses to join our leadership team at The Willochra Home.
Qualifications & experience
Requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent experience
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum 2 year post registration clinical experience, preferably in Aged Care or Acute Care
- Hold an Australian Working Visa which enables you to work full time.
- Care, compassion and advocacy for the elderly or vulnerable person
- Ability to lead and supervise a cohesive team of health professionals and foster an environment of teamwork, care and compassion to both staff and residents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and commitment to accurate and relevant documentation
- Computer skills – Word and Excel, and experience with LeeCare or any other related aged care systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience with ACFI, Accreditation and the new Aged Care Standards would be highly valued.
- Commitment to further ongoing internal and external education
Applicants are required to have a working visa for Australia, current Criminal History and Working with Children checks, and current FluVax and COVID19 Vaccinations.
Tasks & responsibilities
As the Enrolled Nurse on duty you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a high level of professional role modelling for our team of committed care staff.
- Will lead, mentor, teach and supervise Care Staff to ensure that the standards of care provided meet all the legislative requirements and best practice guidelines within the Residential Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Work in conjunction with, and support the Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse and Clinical Manager to drive the ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
- Willing to assume higher duties if and when required.
- Building and maintaining supportive relationships with residents and their families.
- Administering medications, including Schedule 4 and 8, under the guidance of the RN or CM.
- The possibility of taking on a portfolio, such as medications or diabetes.
- Assist with Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) assessments and care plan reviews as directed by the CM for completion within allocated time frames.
- Demonstrate leadership, knowledge and understanding of organisational policies and procedures to enhance services in Residential Aged Care Standard outcomes.
- Contribute to effective and appropriate communication between all staff of The Willochra Home.
Casual contracts are available.
- Excellent working conditions
- Diverse working environment
- In house training and education
- Supportive management
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter through to Leonie Gibbons email@example.com