6th December, 2021
About the business
The Willochra Home is a 42 bed Aged Care facility in Crystal Brook, located in the beautiful mid north of South Australia. We are an accredited provider for NDIS services, Palliative Care Services, and Dementia Respite Services.
If you are career oriented and have a passion for Aged Care, we are looking for Personal Care Assistants to join our team at The Willochra Home.
About the role
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Personal Carers with a Certificate 3, who have an interest, and experience in aged care and dementia.
Duties included are:
- Personal care
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Support for family and friends of residents with dementia
- Ensuring access to meals and assisting with maintenance of adequate nutrition and hydration.
- Assisting the Registered Nurses in the identification of Care Issues affecting the Resident in his/her maintenance in independence.
- Work positively and harmoniously with other team members to achieve quality care.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the new Quality Standards.
- Ensuring that the residents rights, confidentiality, privacy and dignity is respected by observing the Home’s guidelines.
- Provide appropriate documentation within the Individual Care Plans, and reporting to the Registered Nurse in charge.
- Participation in appropriate educational training.
- Being familiar with fire and emergency procedures.
Benefits and perks
- Excellent working conditions
- Diverse working environment
- Opportunity to further your career
- In house training and education
- Supportive management
Skills and experience
Certificate 3 in Aged Care or Individual Support.
Applicants are required to have a working visa for Australia, current Criminal History and Working with Children checks, a current FluVax and COVID19 Vaccinations.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter through to Leonie Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org