About the business
The Willochra Home is a 42 bed Aged Care facility in Crystal Brook, located in the beautiful Mid North of South Australia, nestled at the beginning of the Southern Flinders Ranges.
About the role
We are looking for a Head Chef with Aged Care experience who has excellent team leader skills, is willing to teach others, and work as a team to provide an assortment of Aged Care specific food to our Residents.
As part of the Head Chef role, you will be over seeing the kitchen to ensure the food is at a high standard and as per the dietary requirements and Aged Care Quality Standards, stocktaking and ordering, maintaining a spotless kitchen area, and being adaptable to change (for more details, please see Skills and Experience).
We are currently in the process of upgrading our kitchen and equipment within the next few months.
Benefits and perks
- Excellent working conditions
- Diverse working environment
- Opportunity to further your career
- In house training and education
- Supportive management
- Salary Sacrifice available
Skills and experience
Requirements for this role are:
- Certificate III or higher in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety Certification highly desirable
- Experience in executing all aspects of kitchen operations and safe food preparation in an aged care, or similar catering environment
- Ability to lead, teach, and supervise catering staff, and foster an environment of teamwork, care and compassion to both staff and residents
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills – Word and Excel
- Commitment to further ongoing internal and external education
- Care, compassion and advocacy for the elderly or vulnerable person
- An understanding of the new Aged Care Quality Standards
As the Head Chef you will be responsible for the following:
- Daily management, co-ordination and supervision of all catering functions within The Willochra Home
- Provide a high level of professional role modelling for our team of committed care staff
- Adhering to all dietary requirements to cater for allergies, food sensitivities, and special or modified diets as specified by senior nursing staff, speech pathologist or dietician.
- Stock ordering, stocktaking and stock rotation
- Maintain a spotless kitchen, equipment and utensils
- Compliance with legislated food hygiene and safety practices
- Provision of an imaginative, nutritious and delicious menu within the prescribed budgetary requirements
- Drive the ongoing continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Upkeep of the Food Safety Program
Part Time/Full Time available
Applicants are required to have a working visa for Australia, current Criminal History and Working with Children checks.
Applicants are also required to be up to date with their yearly FluVax, and COVID19 Vaccinations.
Please send applications to Leonie Gibbons – email@example.com